Home - About Us - Church Information - History
Our Humble Beginnings
The First Christian Church in Effingham began in 1867 with meetings held in the Court House.
A small building erected in the west part of town served as the church until it burned down.
The next building was erected on North Fourth Street in 1893.
It burned in 1941.
How We've Grown
In 1944 the building at 211 N. Fourth Street was dedicated.
In 1963 a Sunday School building was erected immediately west of the church.
A new parsonage was built in 1963 at 903 N. Henrietta Street on land purchased from the Frank Hoelscher family.
Our Hopeful Future
Our new church was erected in 1972 on five acres at 901 N. Henrietta Street.
The first Worship Service was held on Sunday, December 24, 1972.
The Dedication Services were held on Sunday, June 10, 1973.